Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I Am the Captain of This Ship

I'm just itching to get back outside and get this spring soccer season going.  Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining about winter, I mean i don't know how I could considering we really haven't had one this year, but there is so much that I hope to get done this spring and summer and by the end of the season on my way to start working games in the MLS. 
The last post I had was a bit of nonsensical rambling at 3am, but I don't feel bad about it.  I had some friends come up to me and say, "oh hey I ready your blog from the other night," which at first I was like oh shit I'm sorry about that lol, but now that I think about it, I don't feel embarrassed about it.  There is a reason they call them feelings, you can't help but have them, you know?  Plus at the time I just really needed to vent.  I feel much better since then, so I know everyone is terribly concerned.  Anyway, I am halfway thorough the last week of the first month of the workout program Insanity and I have to tell you, this is not only the longest I have done it, but the best that I have felt physically in a while.  It just turns into a lifestyle change and the next thing you know you are in it and anything different feels weird.  This only gets me even more amped up for the soccer season because I can promise that I've never gone into a season feeling this good, and there is still another month left not only of the program, but before the season starts.  I have heard from people that the second month of Insanity if absolutely ridiculous, but if I have come this far and feel this good why should I stop??  If I can't do it right away, that's okay, just gotta keep working at it.
My best friend and his girlfriend leave next week for LA.  He is going to music school and she is going with him to hopefully continue her photography career.  I'm going to miss them, a lot.  Since junior year of high school Anthony and I have been best friends, obviously no amount of distance is going to change that, but it will be weird at first not being able to call him up to go jam, hang out, or go to the monkey farm but that is the point we are at in our lives.  Things start to open up and different roads  are the ones you start to take instead of the ones you thought you were going to.  I definitely cannot wait to go see them during the summer time.  I've never been to LA and I think it would make for a very interesting vacation, as I don't get to take many of those as it is.  They are having a party this Saturday as a sort of send off.  Sondra and Vic (Anthony's parents) are going to be in an empty house finally with Andrew at law school in Philadelphia, Chelsea down in New Orleans, and now Anthony leaving for LA... I feel like I will be stopping down for dinner once in a while, but that't no worry of mine.  They really have been like a second family to me and I am forever grateful to them.
I have class in just about an hour so, I guess I should be going.  Mom is leaving for New York for the next couple of days to go see her sister, which leaves me home with my dad.... yeahh about that, looks like I won't be home much the next couple of days.  Big night at bowling tonight, my team is in first place and we are playing the second place team who is only 1 game behind us.  On other fronts, Alcatraz and The River are where its at, watch them they're they tits.  Things continue to change everyday, but that's okay.  Nothing feels better than optimism.  Life is good

No comments:

Post a Comment